We encourage Nebraska District congregations to make use of the Synod’s free, new Easter Media Kit along with a mailing list our office can generate for you using targeted demographics. Learn more about how to request a mailing list by clicking here to visit our We Engage page. In addition to the kit available through the links below, Nebraska District communications has made a set of images for daily social media posts so congregations, schools, and individuals can post Scriptures each day during the entire season of Lent, continuing through Easter Monday. Click here to access those files. Call Kim Myers at 888-643-2961, extension 1009 for assistance.
The kit, which features the message that “God gives us a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus,” is designed to allow each parish to add its own information and details about Holy Week and Easter services.
The free media kit includes:
- A newspaper column about the significance of Holy Week and Easter, signed by LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, which can be submitted to the local newspaper.
- A how-to guide explaining the media kit resources and how to best use them.
- A newspaper ad for Holy Week and Easter to which the local parish may add its address, contact information and worship times.
- An image advertising Holy Week and Easter services ready-made for use in a Facebook ad.
- Seven shareable social media graphics for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (one for each week of Lent and one for Holy Week).
- A reproducible postcard that can be used to invite people to Holy Week and Easter services.
The theme of the media kit is drawn from 1 Peter 1:3: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”
This new media kit, which features an Easter theme and graphics, is meant to be a companion to last year’s Holy Week media kit, which featured the theme, “Life and death are at stake.”
Both resources are available at lcms.org/worship-media-kits.
Reprinted, with permission, from the January 2020 Reporter, the official newspaper of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. Original article at https://blogs.lcms.org/2020/media-kit-features-easter-theme/