The Nebraska District of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod is congregations, leaders, and related organizations connected and growing in their mission of discipling the saved and proclaiming Christ to the lost.
The Lord is giving Christians in Nebraska a tremendous opportunity right now to share the Good News of Jesus with those who don’t know Him. God has brought the mission field to Nebraska and instructed us to let our light shine among them.
The Nebraska District of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod has been developed by the congregations of Nebraska to be a place to turn for tools to be used in these fields. Each person in your congregation receives the tools he or she needs to enter the mission field through Word and Sacrament worship, Bible studies, Sunday school, training in outreach and evangelism, youth activities, and all the other ministry opportunities your congregation offers.
Our core beliefs:
- There is only One God, eternally existent in Three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That all humans are fallen creatures, and our salvation is only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and is only through the Spirit working through the Means of Grace.
- That the Means of Grace proclaims our salvation and enables us to live out our faith, declaring the light of Christ in the darkness where God has placed us to make disciples.
- We are here to glorify God and to love and serve all people in body and soul.
- The resurrection of both the saved and lost: those who are saved into the resurrection of life and those who are lost into the resurrection of damnation.
- The Bible is the inspired, inerrant, authoritative, living Word of God and the only source of absolute truth.
- The Lutheran Confessions are a correct exposition of the truths of the Scriptures.
Nebraska District Marriage Policy
The marriage policy of the Nebraska District of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod is and always has been consistent with the Synod’s beliefs on marriage. We believe that marriage is a sacred union of one man and one woman (Gen. 2:24-25), and that God gave marriage as a picture of the relationship between Christ and His bride the Church (Eph. 5:32). The official position of The Lutheran Church— Missouri Synod, as set forth in 1998 Res. 3-21 (“To Affirm the Sanctity of Marriage and to Reject Same-Sex Unions”), is that homosexual unions come under categorical prohibition in the Old and New Testaments (Lev. 18:22, 24; 20:13; 1 Cor. 6:9-10; 1 Tim. 1:9-10) as contrary to the Creator’s design (Rom. 1:26-27). These positions and beliefs can be found on the LCMS website, along with other statements, papers and reports on the subject of homosexuality and same-sex civil unions and “marriage.” Our pastors will not officiate over any marriages inconsistent with these beliefs, and District property may not be used for any marriage ceremony, reception or other activity that would be inconsistent with our beliefs and this policy.
—Passed by the Nebraska District Board of Directors on September 11, 2015.
Download the District Marriage Policy as a PDF by clicking here.
For more information on the beliefs and practice of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, please visit this website: http://www.lcms.org/belief-and-practice.