Registration is now open
Following is information for our Fall Pastors’ Conference. Feel free to contact Kim Hofer at the District Office (888-643-2961, ext. 1014, or firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions you might have.
Date and Location: The conference will be Monday and Tuesday, October 22-23, at the River’s Edge Convention Center/Ramada Columbus, 265 33rd Avenue, Columbus, phone 402-564-1492.
Topic: The District Presidium has chosen to offer a conference on “Relational Health in Home, Church, and World.”
Presenter: Rev. Justin Hannemann of GracePoint Institute for Relational Health in Omaha will be leading our Fall Pastor’s conference on Mental, Emotional, and Relational Health in the Church and World. While he will be presenting some information from his work with distressed families and church systems, he will also be addressing some topics as requested by district pastors related to mental, emotional, or relational health in the church and world. Rev. Hannemann has been serving at GracePoint since 2012.
To help us get to know new people and develop relationships, there will be assigned seating on day one of the conference. There will not be assigned seating on day two.
Worship: The opening worship will begin at 10:00 a.m. at Christ Lutheran Church, rural Columbus. The address is 32392 122nd Avenue, Columbus. Directions to the church are printed on the back of the agenda. Coffee, juice, fruit, and pastries will be served in the fellowship hall prior to the service. The offering will be designated for Church Worker Care here in the Nebraska District.
Registration Information: Included are the agenda, registration form, and lodging information. Please return the registration form and full payment by Friday, October 12. The current Handbook of The Lutheran Church– Missouri Synod states, “All ordained and commissioned ministers on the district rosters are expected to attend meetings of their official conference or present a valid excuse.” Bylaw 4.8.2.(d)
The Nebraska District is again offering online registration through its own electronic payment provider. To register online with a credit card, follow the registration link below.
1. Complete the personal information form and when you submit this form, you will be directed to the secure online payment site.
2. If you wish to register more than one person and make only one credit card payment, when you reach the payment site, go back to the registration page and enter the personal information for the other people in your group. Once you have submitted the personal information for each person, then you may make one credit card payment for the total amount.
3. Complete your registration by entering your credit card payment information. Only one payment per credit card is allowed each day.
4. No online registration will be valid until credit card payment is made, with the exception of emeritus pastors.
5. There is a separate registration form for ordained ministers currently serving at Concordia University in Seward.
Questions about online registration may be directed to Kim Hofer at email@example.com.
- Conference Fee: The conference fee of $140.00 is due with the registration form. This fee includes registration, breaks, meals, and speaker costs. Please Note – To help offset food/beverage costs, registration for pastors Emeriti will be $30.00. Emeritus scholarships may be requested. Please direct those requests to Kim Hofer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made in writing – postmarked, emailed, or faxed – no later than October 12, 2018. Written requests for refunds received after October 12 and before October 22 will be refunded 50% of the registration fee. Important: Refund requests on or after October 22 will only be considered at the discretion of the District President. Online registrations will be refunded minus the online processing fee.
- Meals: Lunch on both Monday and Tuesday will be provided at River’s Edge Convention Center. The evening meal on Monday will be on your own. President Snow will host a fellowship time with beverages and light snacks at the Convention Center beginning at 8:00 p.m. Monday evening.
- Hotel/Motel Accommodations: Please make your own lodging arrangements. Participants are responsible for their own lodging expenses. Included here you will find a lodging information sheet. The guaranteed room rates at the Ramada Columbus/River’s Edge are $89.95 plus tax. We have reserved a block of rooms at Ramada Columbus for the evenings of Sunday, October 21, and Monday, October 22. If you wish to reserve a room in this block, reservations must be made before the cut-off date of October 8, 2018, at which time any remaining rooms will be released. When making your reservation, please ask for the 2018 Fall Pastors’ Conference special rate. Pastors are responsible for any necessary tax-exempt documentation upon check-in.
- Spouse Registration: Complete the spouse registration part of the form if your wife is attending. There will be a $70.00 registration/participation fee for your wife to attend the conference, and she is welcome to attend any of the sessions and eat all of the meals or break foods. Also, no childcare will be available at this conference. Parents must supervise children attending the conference at all times to eliminate disruption of conference sessions.
Your cooperation in returning the registration form by October 12, along with payment in full, is appreciated.