Creating a Culture of Grace • Wives of Pastors’ Retreat
January 31 – February 1, 2020
Peace Lutheran Church
1710 N North Road, Grand Island
Fairfield Inn and Suites
805 Allen Drive, Grand Island
Create a Culture of Grace – in Your Home, in Your Church, and in Your Community. Come, rest in the power of God’s love. Learn about the grace that can change a culture. Celebrate your role in sharing this love with those who desperately need it.
Come spend time with other wives of pastors in the Nebraska District to be renewed through His Word, to be refreshed through laughter, and to be reminded of the freedom that is yours through Jesus Christ.
Our human hearts want perfection from ourselves and everyone around us. We want complete control. We want to earn a reputation as the very best. We really want the world to call us valuable.
But our souls want so much more. We need healing, restoration, to know our true value, and to be loved completely. We need God’s grace—and so do our people.
Let’s look at Ephesians 3:14-21 together. Let’s feel God’s power that is already at work in us. Let’s celebrate how gloriously wide and long and high and deep Christ’s love is.
Through this love, God can change the culture in your home, your church, and your community into a culture of grace.
Join us as we come together to rest, to learn, and to celebrate the transforming love of Christ.
Our Speaker-Bible Study leader, Christina Hergenrader, joins us all the way from Houston, Texas! Author of Family Trees & Olive Branches, Christina has penned ten books (so far!), five fiction and five non-fiction. Christina says, “With each new assignment, I fell more in love with my Savior – and my calling to spread His message to the world.” She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Education and her Master’s degree in Creative Writing. Christina is an outstanding educator, author, and speaker, and an alumni of CUNE (even named Teacher of the Year and Young Alumnus by her alma mater!). When she’s not writing, Christina loves spending time with her husband and four children, teaching, speaking to women’s groups, traveling, photography, and prayer. Learn more at http://christinasbooks.com/
See the brochure for details such as schedule, meals, roommate requests, etc.
- Sleeping rooms are included in the registration fee and reservations will be made by a rooming list. All rooms are double rooms. Single rooms are an additional cost.
- If no roommate is requested, one will be assigned.
- Mothers with infants are welcome to bring their babies with them. Please indicate on the registration form if a crib is requested. Crib availability is not guaranteed.
- Registration information is included on the enclosed registration form. Online registration is encouraged.
- Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided for the fellowship time Friday night. Ladies are welcome to bring other beverages of their choice to the hotel.
- Hotel rooms for Saturday night have been reserved in our block for any participants wishing to extend their stay. Rooms will be booked through the District Office and the cost will be added to the registration fee. Email email@example.com for more information.
Scholarships are available upon request. Registrations will be due January 6, so register early and beat the holiday rush! No wife or widow will be turned away because of inability to pay the registration fee, and a scholarship is available for those who might not otherwise be able to attend due to cost. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. This retreat is sponsored by the Nebraska District LCMS and the Pastors’ Wives Care Team.
Registration for Wives of Pastors’ Retreat
(Please note that your registration is not complete until payment has been received.)